Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A little more about me for the curious

I have wanted to be a writer since the first grade. I still have my first book, illustrated by me and lovingly bound by my first grade teacher, about a white cat named Snowball. Not the most original piece of literature, but it got me started. I've been writing ever since. I even majored in creative writing in college. But after college I got sidetracked a little bit, first by a master's degree in religion, then by an editing job at a business magazine, and lastly by a pint-sized version of my DNA.

But now I'm back, and writing again. At the moment I am based in lovely Cleveland, Ohio, city of my birth and a wonderful, magical place woefully underrated by everybody. Things are in flux at the moment, both personally and professionally, but the one constant in my life - besides my lovely son - is The Book. The Book is consuming me at the moment. I am restructuring the first draft, and it's hard to think about anything else. Hard even to write this blog, write something that isn't The Book. But I've got to clear my head. Come back to Earth a little bit, you know? So here we are. Come along for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for writing again! I know exactly what you mean about The Book comsuming your every waking thought (and sleeping thought for that matter). Most days I just want to sit and write, but my life doesn't permit me to do that right now (I have three pint-sized versions of my DNA). I can't wait to read about your progress with The Book! Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete